Wednesday, February 26, 2014

TALK like you from Atlanta!

I love Wednesday's like I love Monday's. Today is cloudy outside and rainy. I drove to school in a rush because I was running late. I hate to be late. I love to be on time. Once I got to the library I still managed to be 15 minutes late. I will continue to work on this problem because I refuse to be late again. When I got here the library had a few students working in the lab. I began my day by restocking both printers with paper. I enjoyed doing this. I restocked the paper cabinet as well for the first time today. I then went to sit down at my desk to work on my project for next month that is due this Friday. The students in the lab began to get loud and the noise level was unbearable. I politely entered the lab and asked the students to quiet down please. This one student has the nerve to reply to me stating THAT IF I WORKED IN THE LIBRARY THAT I NEEDED TO TALK LIKE I WAS FROM ATLANTA! This was one of the most ignorant comments I have heard since I've been working here. I didn't get offended because I expect these types of comments from my fellow students at Brown Mackie College Atlanta. I just simply turned around and walked away. I will never SPEAK like I am from Atlanta! I will always speak with a BOSTON accent. I am me!

No comments:

Post a Comment