Monday, April 14, 2014

I hate RUDE students

Today has been a great day! I wish the sun was out shinning bright like a diamond.  Despite the cloudy day, I have been productive in my studies and keeping the library in order. I have helped several students with their assignments and reviewed a student’s brochure. I allowed a student to eat in the library today which was a mistake. I came in to see his trash on the floor. He said he was going to pick it up and I told him this is why I do not allow students to eat in the library. He replies “You didn't let me do anything.” I then had to politely tell him that I did and in fact I could have asked you to leave when I noticed you eating but I didn't. He then replies “oh are you the librarian or something?” I then tell him yes I am but I thought to myself how RUDE! I actually felt better after this conversation because other students were in the lab and heard the whole conversation. I realized with this position you have to stand your ground and keep the rules the same across the board. From now on if I see a student eating in the library I will immediately ask them to leave. I want respect and I will get respect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment